Wednesday, December 22, 2010

~冬至快乐~

December 22, 2010~Winter Solstice Festival
Happy Winter Solstice Festival

冬至 is a time for family reunion. This year around, the December month, I chose to stay in Malacca. I want to fulfilled my promise to myself. Probably in coming years, things would be so different. Is the final varsity year and certain things, that only occur once a year, can't be recaptured the following year. It is all going to be memories. Thus, it should be friends unity this year instead, due to the timing, which all of us didn't make it back to our home for the tuan yuan.

Indeed, the memories would be sweeter with the funny things to laugh or smile at. 2010's 圆满 (completeness) would be kept as the merry memories in heart....

So.....made the Glutinous Rice Ball Tong Sui together with Meryin, Sai Chun, Chin Nam and Samuel, as proposed by the guys. Luckily one of my favorite thing to do is cooking and I've learned mommy's special combination of tong yun. No messing around with the flour later. I used to be helping my mom in kitchen so often, that I've learned quite a number of recipes from her. Hehehe~!!


Tadaaa~!!!!
There goes the combination Tong Yun....

~Brown Sugar Longan, Ginkgo, Tong Tung Gua Tong Yun~
Simple yet Different



Is a tiring job to prepare all the ingredients and the most tiring part is to knead the dough. Anyway, is so fun, as I've never really bring this recipe out and make it on my own.

After having the tong yun session, we went out at night to jalan-jalan and snap photos in Portuguese Settlement. The Christmas Lightings there are wonderfully awesome although is a little bit crowded during this year around. Will be dropping by there again on the eve of Christmas =D


The evil Meryin and the angelic Serene
ngek ngek ngek =p


Love the lightings

No comments:

Post a Comment